Hi my Inside-Out Beauties!
Being a new blogger or writer can mean a lot of hard work and very little money, at the beginning.
The truth is you can indeed make a living writing and blogging, and there are many bloggers out there proving this is true, every single day.
But, until blogs and books get profitable, many bloggers and writers take small assignments, or part time jobs, from time to time, to complete their incomes. The question is: where do they find these opportunities?
And the answer is simple: scattered all over the web!
Now, screening though every website and job board there is can be very time consuming.
But from time to time, I do it for myself.
So today, I thought I'd share my findings with you! A couple of jobs for bloggers or writers I found online this week, that I'm thinking you may find helpful.
Fingers crossed, new opportunities will come your way :)
1. U.S. & Canadian Writers Wanted!
Article Marketing Co. is a relatively new company with an aim to become the number one content producer on the internet. With this in mind, I am looking for long term writers to help us build a solid reputation.
I need experienced writers who are detail orientated, deadline driven, and who strive to provide error free articles every time that are educational and easy to read. All articles will need to follow my company's signature style guide (which is really quite simple). Ideally I want people who are prepared to research and write on any topic.
The rates are $7 per 500 word article and $8.50 for web pages and press releases. Please only apply if you are from the US or Canada. I am also only looking for writers who can commit to 3-5 articles a day if need be. Payment is made each weekend via Paypal.
In regards to the application process: I will send over an application form which contains my style guide and some article titles to choose from which will be for a sample article. I know many people don't like this method (I don't myself as a writer), but it's the only way I can get an accurate gauge on a new applicant.
Please feel free to let me know if you have any questions.
How to applyTo apply, please send over an introduction and a couple samples of your writing to email@example.com. Will not answer applicants from countries other than the U.S. or Canada.
2. Content Writer Position (Santa Clarita)
We are a fast-growing SEO company that needs content writers to develop high-quality content on a daily basis.
We have a wide range of clients, so no matter what you're interested in, there's something for you! Our current range of topics include
You will write articles on every topic, so you must be comfortable with doing some research. This is a great way to write about subjects you are passionate about, while also learning something new every day.
-Must be able to write fast (4-6 articles a day) while maintaining strong spelling/grammar.
-Must be comfortable with writing a wide range of topics
-Most of what we write goes onto blogs, so you should be familiar with the styles/formats of blog writing. Headings, bullet points, etc.
****Please reply with a resume, writing sample, as well as a paragraph explaining why you would be a good fit for this position.****
This is a full time position 8:00 - 4:30
Located off of Sand Canyon
How to applyE-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
3. $20/hour - Sassy Writer for Online CourseCan you distill complex information into simple step by step directions? Are you great at research and are able to summarize your findings in an interesting, sassy, voice while still maintaining the salient points? Do you want an part-time job that could easily turn into a full-time-job in a short time? If you answered, hell yes to any of these questions. Then read on...
We are a fast-growing online publishing start-up from Manhattan in a multi-million dollar market. Watch us as we create our flagship course inspiring female entrepreneurs to dramatically grow their businesses by hiring a global workforce.
Our company's advisers include one of the world's record-breaking digital marketers -- someone who literally advises titans like Apple in their Internet marketing strategy, and routinely creates multi-million dollar product launches over the span of a few days.
We are looking for a witty freelance-writer with a fun, sassy tone to help us build a step-by-step course for women entrepreneurs.
- Writing content based on outlines, collected research and audio notes
- Paraphrasing concepts in a sassy comedic voice
- Coordinating additional research - possibly including some first-hand interviews if necessary)
Here's who the ideal candidate is:
- Has experience writing professionally; college newspapers count! :)
- Has a very fun, engaging, funny or tone to his/her writing
- Is 10,000% reliable & always meets deadlines.
- Values helping others, loves self-help, and is excited about the opportunity to change entrepreneurs' lives by helping to teach them dramatically transform their businesses.
- Bonus: If you love social psychology and can help contribute relevant research that might apply to our course
- Willing to sign a non-disclose and work for hire agreement
WHY WORK WITH US:
- We are fun & supportive
- Virtual Position - work from anywhere in the world.
- We are playing for keeps! We want to find an incredibly dedicated writer who will ideally become a full-time employee at business in the future.
- We love to see our contractors GROW and evolve personally & professionally, and want to help mentor you, as well as give you opportunities to learn things that will help you dramatically shift your career as a writer. :)
PAID TEST ASSIGNMENTS:
This is a competitive position. We will work together on paid assignments with various writers until we can fit the perfect fit. We'd like to get the first paid assignment done within 2 business days of hiring.
TERMS & NEXT STEPS:
***Hours: 20 hours per week***
This position is not for you if you cannot dedicate a full 20 hours per week to it. Unfortunately, we have had to let go of contractors in the past when they were not able to keep up with the workload.
PAYMENT: $15 - $20/hour; payment will match experience
TERMS & NEXT STEPS:
This will be a part time contractor position at first with the possibility of moving to full-time if it's a great fit. Please fill out the questionnaire no later than 9/7/13. (Hint - the sooner you apply the better. We're moving fast.)
4. Freelance Writer
DescriptionLooking for content writers in various topics, aimed at quality blogs. We work with a lot of articles, so continuous high number of orders are to be expected. Can you keep up? Fill out our online application form here.
5. Witty Celebrity Gossip Blogger
DescriptionWe are looking for a talented celebrity gossip blogger. You'll be writing for an established entertainment blog with over 2 million visitors each month.
- Native English speaker with an excellent command of the language (preferably based in North America or Europe)
- Able to write in a snarky, witty and humorous style
- Passionately interested in celebrities/tv/music and the entertainment world
- Skilled at using Wordpress (know how to upload images, write, format and publish articles on your own)
- Able to write at least 2 blog posts everyday (mandatory)
You will be paid $7 per blog post. Each blog post will be 300+ words. Depending on performance, the rate per post can be increased in the future.
Writing Style Assessment
To apply for this job, you will need to write a sample article of 200 words - this allows us to get an idea of your blogging style. If you already have celebrity gossip articles published online, you can include links to these articles instead of writing a sample.
To write this sample article, please take a look at the current celebrity news stories and write an article on any particular story/topic. Make sure that your writing voice is snarky and funny. Examples of writing styles we like can be found on TheSuperficial.com and Dlisted.com
This sample article is for evaluation purposes only. It will not be used commercially nor will it be published anywhere. Feel free to keep this sample article for your own portfolio or use it in any way you wish.
6. Advertising Business Blogger
DescriptionWe're looking for freelance journalists to cover the advertising, marketing, and tech space. These articles will be featured on our website and will also be promoted through syndication.
We are seeking passionate writers with noteworthy publication histories and/or large audiences in social media or otherwise. Applicants will be screened on a rolling basis and should be enthusiastic about tech, marketing and advertising.
You must be able to consistently produce high-quality articles on deadline. You should be a self-starter who can produce lots of content in a short time when needed. Articles will generally be about 400-800 words each.
If interested, please send a resume and at least three writing samples, at least one of which should be related to at least one of these fields.
Note: Applicants must be able to cover stories **in NYC in person** and must be able to consistently produce high-quality articles on deadline. The ideal candidate will be a past or present **journalist.**
How to applyPlease email your resume to our editors directly at email@example.com
7. Copy Writer / Creative Writer (Galleria Houston TX)
Fast Growing Houston Marketing & Advertising Company with
established client base is looking to add an energetic Copy Writer to the
The qualified candidate will be responsible for:
• Creative writing and proof reading for brochures, proposals, websites
and SEO campaigns.
• Working in a team setting to meet client expectation
• Work independently to complete projects
• Highly motivated with well-developed communication skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Proven writing and proof reading skills.
• Relevant experience as a copy writer and proof reader.
• Additional experience in marketing, print advertising, website
development and social media a plus
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects and clients at once in a team
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Valid References
• Bachelor's Degree in a relevant field
How to applyPlease forward your resume and salary requirements. We offer full health and dental insurance with holiday and vacation pay. firstname.lastname@example.org
8. Digital Marketing Blogger
DescriptionWe are looking for freelance writers to contribute regularly to our digital marketing blog. This is a freelance position and is compensated on a per post basis. The tone is informal and you must be able to explain complex concepts in a simple way. Check out our blog at http://bixamedia.com/digital-marketing-blog/ for ideas. You do not need to be based in Orange County and can work remotely.
Ability to write professionally, for varied audiences, and about a variety of digital marketing topics
Strong research skills
Experience with keywords and meta tags is preferred
Prior blogging / Internet writing experience
How to applyPlease email email@example.com with a cover letter, resume, at least 2 writing samples, and links to published posts if applicable.
9. Paid Social Media Marketing Intern/Blogger
NYC manufacturer seeks Social Media Marketing Intern/Blogger to create and optimize our online presence.
- Maintaining our Facebook page, Twitter account, and possibly creating Pinterest Board, Instagram, Vine, etc
- Managing Facebook ads and promotions
- Writing Facebook/Twitter posts, Blog Entries/Updates, Press Releases, etc
- Creating a presence on Google, Bing, Superpages, etc.
- Talking with clients on the phone
- Working directly with our Art Department to get content and other information for postings, eblasts and mailings
Our ideal employee is outgoing (not afraid to cold call potential customers), tech-savvy, eager to apply what you've learned or are learning to current assignments.
School or work experience in any of the following areas is a plus:
Social Media / Online PR
SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Mild HTML (creating links, etc.)
How to applyFor consideration please send Cover Letter, Resume and if possible, some examples of your work. firstname.lastname@example.org
10. Freelance writing professionals (new york and all usa)
Blog Post Rates :
approximately $10-$20 a post (varies based on word count).
How to applyFor consideration please send Cover Letter, Resume to email@example.com
NOTE: I have only selected the above ads, I am in no way connected to the job posters and I truly hope these are legit searchers.
Was this helpful? A little?
Please, let me know in the comments below and don't forget to subscribe by e-mail.
See you on Twitter !