|Hi Jodi! Thank you so much for agreeing to be interviewed on my Blog! |
I'm so happy to help you spread the word about you and your blog www.jodiaaby.com . I really think you're a very sweet and deep person, and I believe you know that already.
I have a few questions ready for you, but why don't you start by sharing a quote you live by, to introduce yourself and your mindset to TheInsideOutBeauty.com readers.
- Hi Heidi! Thank you for inviting me! Oddly enough, it's a quote from actress Cate Blanchett, "I'm not very cautious or careful. It's always been more about a variety of experiences than any planned trajectory."
That's a beautiful quote to live by! Now, I know the answer to this next question, but tell everyone where you're from so they can have a little hint of your cultural background.
- I was born and raised in Florida, the Sunshine State. I was never more than an hours drive from the beach.
Love Florida! And I personally love your blog too. I always wondered what makes Diet & Fitness one of your favorite Beauty subjects?
- I just think we live in a world of over-consumption but malnutrition. The problem is that people just don't know what they're eating. Education is our biggest resource and when you put good food in your system, your body returns the favor with clear skin, shinier and healthier hair, and better overall endurance and strength.
- I always say I grew up on the S.A.D., which is the Standard American Diet. I haven't always been health conscious. I changed my ways, slowly but surely, when I was about 19. I moved away from home and didn't have very much money to buy food. I was able to get by but not able to eat as much as a person should. I lost about 30 pounds in the first two months. I definitely don't recommend that approach to weight loss but that's when it hit me that how we treat our bodies really does matter.
Wow, that must have been a hard moment. Thank you for sharing that Jodi. It never seizes to amaze me how we can always learn something, even in such a difficult way.
Which is your favorite post so far on that subject?
- One of the biggest questions I get is, "How do I stop eating bad foods?" Well the simple answer is, you don't. Here's the post that further explains this. Once you acknowledge that you don't need to starve yourself or deny yourself good tasting foods, it makes eating right much simpler.
I believe Diet and Fitness, are two very important areas connected to Inner Beauty. If you agree, what connection do you see between them?
- I fully agree! More and more studies are supporting the interactionism theory, which shows how our brains are truly connected to our physical well being. Your brain and your body are separate entities but they interact and affect each other almost equally. When you've got the right mindset an you align your body, you can achieve almost anything!
Absolutely! The mind is so powerful... We need to remind ourselves of that power....
What motivates you to go running when you're having a lazy day? if you've ever had one of those...
Oh yes, I've had those days. In fact, I have them about once a week. Most days the hardest part is just getting out the door but there are some days where I honestly just say, "to heck with it!" and skip the run. Doing healthy things isn't a curse, it's a choice, that's the beauty of it. You're in total control and if you don't want to do something, you don't have to.
Life is all about choices, isn't it? Now, moving on to Outer Beauty... If you had to give away all your beauty products and keep ONLY 3, which ones would those be and why?
- I would keep my olive oil, Pond's Rejuveness, and Estee Lauder Smoothing Creme Concealer.
Finally, Jodi, where can we find you other than your blog?
- I'm on just about every social networking site; Youtube (though I've got no videos yet), Twitter, SheSaidBeauty, Pintrest, Instagram, Goodreads, Google+, just to name a few! I'm always @JodiAaby. :)
Thanks so much again for agreeing to leave your trail on TheInsideOutBeauty.com
I hope you guys all go checkout and support www.jodiaaby.com to get more inspiration.