Today I wanted to share with you my opinion on these two Benefit makeup products: Benetint & Posietint. These are both lip and cheek stains. Benetint came out to the market first, and made Benefit very proud and very famous.
The main difference between them is that Benetint has a red/rosie shade, whereas Posietint has a poppy-pink shade.
I bought both, since I was a little unsure of which one would suit my complexion best, and I can't say I have a favorite. It really depends on the look or style I'm going for. I generally choose between them based on what I will be wearing that day.
On the next picture, you can see I've applied Benetint on my left cheek and left side of my lips and Posietint on my right cheek and right side of my lips. Check out my YouTube video, to see exactly how I applied both. This may be helpful also to decide which of the two is more suitable for you.
- they give you a very natural blush and color to your lips, and you look almost as if you were wearing NO MAKEUP at all. It highlights the apples of your cheeks making you look more vibrant and ALIVE, with that soft coloring that babies have :) So, in my opinion, it is a wonderful ally to enhance our skin's natural beauty.
- you can apply it on top of your foundation, or just over your skin on a day where you´re going for a really NATURAL look or just want to give your skin a rest, but still feel like you could use some color;
- they come with a nail-polish-like bottle which makes it VERY easy to carry & apply;
- though they're expensive, at least for my budget, one bottle should last probably between 1 and 2 years, depending on how frequently you use them and the intensity of color you like to achieve by repeating applications;
- they NEVER caused me any allergies or breakouts, which is very valuable for me since my skin is very sensitive.
I think they´re both PERFECT to...
- carry in your purse, for any unexpected situations you may want to look pretty for ( with just 2 minutes notice!);
- give as a present to a teenager who´s just starting diving into the makeup world;
- use to style yourself for the gym, or any outdoor activity you would normally not wear makeup to;
You should know BEFORE buying them that...
- both Benetint & Posietint will stain your fingers when you apply them, BUT, you can solve this by quickly washing your hands after doing so;
- for that same reason, always be very careful with your clothes;
- application should be quick, or else it may leave some lines on your cheeks (check my YouTube video below for more instructions on how to apply);
- in my opinion, the product has a long lasting effect BUT only on cheeks. This means, I generally need to reapply on lips during the day;
- your lips may become a little dryer, specially with Benetint, so I would suggest you use a clear lip balm or
moisturizing serum ON TOP to avoid this. I personally use Ceralip Lip Repair cream from La Roche-Posay (check out my skin care tip video for more info on this product). Benefit offers a Pocket Pal version of Benetint, which I haven't yet tried myself, but includes a gloss which I'm pretty sure is thought to avoid this too.
If you want to try these products before you buy the full size bottles, you can purchase one of Benefit kits , that include small versions or mini Benetint and Posietint bottles, as well as other products. It is probably a good advice for you to get something like this first, since all Benefit products are bit pricy, but IMO absolutely worth every penny!
Don't forget to leave me a comment or like and tell me what YOU think about these products.
Seize the day! Have fun! Decide to be happy! LOVE YOURSELF!
Hope this was helpful :)
See you on Twitter !